Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh Dear - I have been remiss!

Ellie's babies are now five weeks old and are well started on puppy food. Ellie is a somewhat less adoring mother now that teeth have been added to the little mouths! We took new pictures at 5 weeks but as they are not a lot different from the four week photos I have been slow to upload them. Here they are!

This is sable girl #1...



This is the sable merle girl. She is the biggest in the litter, weighing in at 3# at 5 weeks...



Here is sable girl #2...



and this is the sable male - still the smallest!



I am practising stacking them now so I can get that all important (but often useless!) first measurement at 6 weeks of age!

4 comments:

Laureate said...

Nice litter. We also had three girls and a boy from Frat Boy. :-) I find the six week measure a benchmark. I like to see how much they grow each week, so like to start as early as I can.

skyehaven said...

Hi Kim,
Yes, I agree - the 6 week measurement gives one a place from which to start tracking the growth! Can't wait to get those little ears up on their heads!
Interesting that all our bitches are producing the same 25/75 gender split!

anamchara1 said...

I'm delighted with my 3f/1m split, particularly after 4 blue boys and 1 tri girl in my previous litter! Yay Brother, is all I can say! Your youngsters are very cute, Sherrie ... will be neat to see their ears up and to watch them continue to grow!

skyehaven said...

Patience Brenda - ears go up next week!